1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Right. Baked potato only.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not a burger joint, but the Greek Islands restaurant in Omaha makes a burger of the gods.

It's a feta burger. At least two patties of hamburger meat, topped by gyro meat (instead of bacon), with feta on the top.

And not sprinkled feta, a WHOLE FUCKING PAT OF FETA.

I'm not sure I've ever finished one, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Unbelievably tasty.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nice! How many Monsoons did you drink while you waited?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I had a few too many Tropical Isle hand grenades the night before, so I stuck to beer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

Probably a good idea. Glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to get back down there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone can remember something like this. All burgers are good, so it's hard for any to rise so far above the pack as to be that memorable.

I will note that In and Out burger was severely disappointing after all the hype it gets.

7. JackReacher

There's so much wrong with that post.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Wait, that one time I tried a McGangBang was a bad burger. Otherwise, they are all good.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Note to self: Do not let Rick Stain take me out for burgers. Docked more points for disputing In-And-Out's awesomeness.

Burgers can very easily be screwed up. Bad bun, greasy patties, bad meat, veggies and toppings. There's countless ways to fuck up a burger.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Earlier this year. It was a Kobe burger with manchego cheese at Zinburger at the Biltmore Fashion Park on Camelback Road in Phoenix. They have several other locations.

http://www.foxrc.com/frcwp/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Zinburger_Biltmore_Full_Menu1.pdf

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Honest to God, in Jakarta at my send-off party.

Place called Bluegrass, which was an extreme misnomer. It was an American-ish joint (it had a parking lot), but nothing resembling bluegrass music.

Giant bacon cheeseburger. Maybe I just missed bacon and/or good burgers, but it was absolutely fantastic.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've only spent 24 hours in Wisconsin, and that time was spent hunkered in a motel drinking cases upon awful cases of Point beer.

Is it true that the Wisconsin natives, when not making sweet, sweet love to roadkill, eat hamburgers drenched in melted butter?

Draft saved Draft deleted