1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

what the fuck is wrong with you?

ney the ketchup.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It may not be top 3 but it's top 10, and precisely what makes the Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box a burger of burgers is 3 things:

meat,
    a ton of cheese
    ketchup galore.

Ketchup fucking galore.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Somebody at some point will explain to me why they put ketchup on a hamburger/cheeseburger.

Do you put ketchup on a steak?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ketchup on a burger is fine, if it needs it. The good ones don't need it.

Steak is the same way. Well, no ketchup ever, but a good steak doesn't require steak sauce, either.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Did I hear my name?

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Haven't read this thread, because it will make me super fat. But my nominees, if they haven't been mentioned:

Bacon cheeseburger at P.J. Clarke's on 3rd Avenue in New York.

"The Captain" at Munson's Home Plate in Canton, Ohio. It has a knife stuck in the top.

The jalapeno burger at Black Beans, here in delightful Port Hope, Ontario.

The "blood bomb"—that's not its official name—on top of the Parque Central hotel in Havana. I have a picture of my eating that somewhere and I look like a vampire after feeding.

Fast food, I'll hear no complaints about In N' Out's Double Double, which is salty good. Five Guys is the second best fast-food burger, followed by Fuddrucker's.

I just gained 12 pounds remembering these things.

7. Mira

Mira Member

Have to agree with a bunch of posters mentioning Fuddrucker's. Not that it's my absolute favorite, but their burgers are really good.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Love ketchup. And love A-1.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I put A-1 on my burgers. A good steak needs no A-1. A burger, above the quality one can get at McDonald's, needs no ketchup.

I'm glad this thread was brought back to life.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There aren't many Five Guys in the Toronto area but one opened not far from me recently. Huggy Jr. and I will check it out while he is off school over the next two weeks.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

In New Mexico, Owl Cafe in San Antonio, NM. Green Chile Cheeseburger. Confident it's the best you will find in the state. Never had a better burger.
    For a chain, Blake's Lotaburger. Breaking Bad fans may recognize it. It's the real deal.

And even a decent steak shouldn't need steak sauce or ketchup.

Five Guys is pretty dang good.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As much as I despise Applebees, their Big Apple Burger isn't bad.

2 big-ass patties....2 cheeses, bacon and fries.....

it's edible....which is more than I can say for the majority of the rest of their food.

Draft saved Draft deleted