1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Ate at Hopdoddy in Austin last May. Deserves to be on the list. They also had a caramel sea salt milkshake that was stupid.

Scratching my head as to why Zagat felt it necessary to include a chain (albeit In-N-Out) in San Diego and squeezed Fort Lauderdale into the mix, but couldn't be bothered to include even one city in Ohio. Modest complaint.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Christ. Lawrence is not Kansas City any more than Waukegan is Chicago.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Ohio sucks. That probably played a role.

I thought the presentation here was a failure because they didn't have photos of all the burgers. They also didn't consistently mention which burger they were ordering. Most of those places have multiple choices.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

The hamburger at Lakewood Landing at Dallas is legit.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I stopped "reading" the "captions" after the "first couple" of "slides" because "there" were "too" many "quotation marks."

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

In-N-Out in San Diego and not fucking Hodad's in Ocean Beach? Massive fucking fail.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hopdoddy just opened a new restaurant in Dallas at Preston Center. Anyone try it yet? Is it as good as the one in Austin?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A couple of those Ray's places just closed down last week. One left, I believe.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can't remember if I added this one:

Top of the Hill Grill in Brattleboro, Vermont.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" featured Bachi Burger in South Las Vegas the other day. Anybody been there? Worth it?

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hellburger and the Steakhouse closed. Apparently, Ray's the Third is your one-stop shop for steaks, steak and cheese, and burgers now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's been Zagat's style since they first began publishing.

Their reviews are based on customer reviews, so words and phrases that get mentioned in a lot of reviews get "quotation marks".

Draft saved Draft deleted