1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

A muff burger

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Brilliant analysis, Versatile.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't spent enough time in San Diego to have a definitive answer on the best burger, but even considering In-N-Out is pathetic.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I know a few people who would swear on their graves that In-N-Out burgers are the best they've ever had.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'll be trying the burger at Bourbon Steak real soon.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/09/bourbon-steak-burger-review-washington-dc.html

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

People who legitimately think In-and-Out has the "best" burger truly need to re-examine their food, and possibly life, choices. In-and-Out would not even have the best burger in the mall food court where I grew up.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'd like to say I wouldn't throw away $19 on a regular-ass burger, but I absolutely would. The lettuce really throws me off, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love In-N-Out burger. Thirteen years as a California resident, and it's still the best thing about this state.
    But I wouldn't say it's the best burger. It's a fastfood joint. It's the best for what it is, but not the best overall.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Right. I've probably said this earlier on the thread, but In-n-Out is wonderful in the fast food drive-thru burger world. It competes with McD's, Wendy's and Burger King, and is light years better than those options.

If it's the best burger in town, you're in a terrible town.

12. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I apologize that I have not read the 15 pages of entries the led up to this point.

Rouge on Rittenhouse Square (18th St or 19th St) in Philly serves an outstanding burger. If you are in that area and have time to give it a try, you will enjoy it!

Draft saved Draft deleted