1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

second the Five Guys + Red Robin

both outstanding

i'll throw in Outback's burger. their steaks are overrated, but their burgers rock

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Burger Heaven in NYC makes a damn good burger, too.

3. joe

joe Active Member

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Indeed. That'd probably top my list.
    Also, O'Connell's Pub, in St. Louis. Nothing fancy, but a damn fine hamburger.

5. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Holy freaking monkey shit. I'm going to forget I saw this thread. This, from the guy who had a side salad with no dressing and four tiny grilled chicken tenders with a spoonful of jerk hot sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings today.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Kincaid's on the west side of Fort Worth.

Carl's Jr.

7. gretchd

gretchd Member

The Fats Domino at Hut's Hamburgers in Austin, Texas.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

FUDDRUCKERS!!!

That 1-pound burger is so friggin good. I haven't had one in 12 weeks since starting my diet. I've dropped 42 pounds, and although I know it's worth it and has made me feel better than I did in high school, I crave that burger.

What sucks the worst is they just built a Fuds in the damn mini mall where my gym is. I walk out every day to the smell of their grill. God Bless the smell of red meat on a grill.

9. CNY

CNY Member

I've had very good burgers recently at BLT Burger in New York and at Val's Burgers in Hayward, CA. I looove the burger at Higgins in Portland, OR.

If you want to drive yourself crazy, check out http://aht.seriouseats.com/.

10. Simon

Simon Active Member

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A burger from the Stout in Manhattan. I've had a lot of good burgers, but maybe none as good as that one. Nice portions, but didn't fill me to where I was bloated and didn't want to move anywhere.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Funny thing, I go to Red Robin and never have a hamburger.

And, when I lived near one, I would go to Fuddruckers ... and never have a burger.

Five Guys is great junk food, though. I miss that joint a lot ... and thanks to this thread, I now see there are a couple in places I'm often prone to visit. Sweet!

Draft saved Draft deleted