1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Cities OUTSIDE America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Aug 11, 2006.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Huggy,

Scouts.

YHS, etc

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll throw out a vote for some cities not mentioned:

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Singapore

Frankfurt (although it's mentioned once)

Vicenza, Italy (small-town Italy is absolutely wonderul. If you think the food in Rome is good, get out into the country.)

The Azores was also a very, very cool place. Great, great seafood and a Portugese party attitude. I was involved in a festival there that was sort of a tame running of the bulls. Absolutely awesome.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

A few others I'd like to explore more:

Brussels, Belgium
    Innsbruck, Austria
    London
    Nice, France
    Prague

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Paris
    Vienna
    Toronto

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Dallas
    Los Angeles
    Miami

6. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Three Bags, I spent nearly 3 years in Ponta Delgada, the Azores, as an infant.

My parents have always talked about how beautiful the islands were. I'd love to go back someday.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Galway, Ireland
    Brugge, Belgium
    Amsterdam
    Paris
    Quebec City

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Minus Montreal, put Calgary at the head of the class. I love this city. And throw St. John's in there. Folks, if you haven't been to any of these cities, please go. It's a trip you'll never forget.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For an unmentioned city, Lisbon was nice. I was there during Euro 2004, which meant it was very crowded. Seems like the kind of place which you could fully see in two days. Spent a great afternoon getting bombed at the Port Tasting Institute.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Manila is wild.
    Lagos is the scariest place I've ever been, although I was caught in a riot in Wari and got robbed in Benin.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Calgary is very overrated. I lived there for two years, and have many friends that live there. the best thing about it is that it's close to the mountains, and if that's what you're looking for anyways you might as well just go right on to Banff or Lake Louise or wherever.

Montreal is an awesome city. Went there a few years ago for a visit, don't know a lick of French, but it wasn't a problem. Very friendly people, tons to do and see, great night life.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Hmmmmm, Calgary over-rated. Montreal awesome. Funny, I hadn't realized before we had different opinions. I've been having the time of my life since I moved to Calgary. Guess it's all what you make it. Because Montreal sucks ... ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted