1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie of the year so far: Bourne Ultimatum.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

10 Things I Hate About You was surprisingly good...

It's too bad she hasn't done anything nearly as good since... She's been in some good movies, but they're usually nothing parts like in the Bourne Trilogy...

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

See Damon in "The Good Shepherd." Wow. Still, very placid character, but he conveys all the shit going on underneath. I give him a thumbs up.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Love Scott Glenn.

Great in Right Stuff, Silverado, Urban Cowboy, Silence of the Lambs, Training Day.....

What a delivery.

4. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

I read a story somewhere about Matt Damon — I think it was GQ — where he talked about not wanting people to know anything about his personal life because it would take away what they could perceive of him as an actor portraying various roles and characters.

As an example, he pointed to Ben Affleck's personal life being everybody's business in the tabloids and how it has hurt Ben's career. (Of course choosing better movies would have helped there.)

I think Damon makes a good point. Some of the best actors/actresses out there are the ones you don't hear much about in the tabloids and on the Entertainment Tonight-type shows. If Damon was out with Paris Hilton and friends partying every night, would people be able to see him kicking ass as Jason Bourne ... and would people spend $20 to go see the movie?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And now there will be a fourth Bourne. Shocking!

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2260034,00.html

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I have bagged Julia Stiles. Or at least her character from the Bourne series. Or at least a girl with the exact same name as her character in the Bourne series.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Like the other three, I'll see this one in the theatres. Love the Bourne series.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I love it too, Oz, but I'm having trouble figuring out where this one will go, and still be as good as the other three. I've seen a conclusion already. Any other plot twist smells of money grab.

9. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

I'll happily plunk down my $9 to find out though. It's house money considering how good the first three have been.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wonder who they'll get to play the Albert Finney-Brian Cox "old guy" role
    or the David Straithairn, Chris Cooper hypertense middle-manager type.

I've got to figure Joan Allen will reappear as Bourne's handler. But wasn't Bourne "outed" during the Congressional hearings?

If I was writing it, I'd link some nefarious businessman to the plot, who used his connections to the CIA to hire hits to help his business.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To save money, maybe they'll just cast one hypertense old, middle-manager.

The Albert Finney-Brian Cox thing did kind of freak me out because they looked and acted so much alike.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm a lot more excited for the fourth Bourne installment than I am for the next Indiana Jones movie...

Draft saved Draft deleted