1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie of the year so far: Bourne Ultimatum.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 30, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

... who is absolutely stunning with the red hair in "Bourne" and in "Lola Rennt." 8)

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Except for inserting the sound of a pistol cocking when Bourne was holding a Glock.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Near the middle of the movie, when Julia Stiles shows up wearing a shoulder-length cut with blonde streaks, did anybody think she was auditioning for the lead role in Kelly Clarkson's life story?

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Do I have to have watched the first two Bournes to get into this one? Or should I rent those first and go to No Reservations before seeing it?

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Probably. They're both great, so it's worth it.

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Plus the third starts exactly where the second leaves off. It's certainly not necessary to see the first two, but it won't hurt to know all the pieces to the story.

Plus, as you see above, it's worth it to watch them anyway. All in all, this was a great movie. Didn't disappoint in any way.

As far as Julia Stiles, I've never considered her that attractive, but she looked very pretty in this movie. I think they wanted her to look like the previous character on purpose with the short hair. I think in the commercials/trailer for the movie, they show the former (dead) girlfriend in the bathroom scene where Stiles is cutting and dying her hair. Just a short parallel.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Not trying to pick a fight, cause I plan on seeing this movie, but what's the over/under on how many times "Best movie of the year (so far):" is tagged on a new movie thread in 2007 on this board?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Franka dated Elijah Wood for a while [/shootsselfinhead]

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Awesome movie. Loved it just as much as the first two. Definitely have to see the others before this -- too many flashbacks and recurring characters to pick up on. Outstanding fucking series -- although I hate when leave room for another instead of ending the damn trilogy. That said, I'll be first in line if they do another (and expand Nicky's role ... mmm! 8))

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

[​IMG]

Play me or trade me [once I come back from the DL].

Sorry, I thought we were discussing the Bourn Ultimatum.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

Wow ... Action Packed!!! What a great movie! Still not as good as the books, but still a great trilogy.

12. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

That's good stuff. We used "Bourn supremacy" a few weeks back for a headline when he went 4-for-4.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted