1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best regional restaurant chains

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Does WaWa qualify as a restaurant?

And, since they have two locations now, Better Than Sex in Florida is really good. If you can't take a date there and get laid afterward, you're just not trying.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Food's not bad, but the atmosphere is jingoistic to a uncomfortable level.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Did he ever piss on a spark plug, if he thought it would do any good? Maybe during trivia?

doctorquant likes this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Definitely southern A-10.

6. Cookout is also in West By God.

7. Jake Taylor knows his breakfast sandwiches. You can't go wrong with a Big Ron, or a Mountaineer.

8. Jake_Taylor

I do know my breakfast sandwiches. I also enjoy the everything bagel with a deli egg from Bodo's in Charlottesville. They have three locations in town, so I don't know if that qualifies as a regional chain, but I don't get why they don't open up stores in Richmond, Blacksburg, Harrisonburg, etc. I'm sure they'd be a hit.

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Grew up there, and it's always a must-have when we go back to visit family.

I'll add in Maid-Rite, too, for a great loose-meat sandwich ... though I know it's an acquired taste.

Maid-Rite Corporation - Menu

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Somebody opened one of those down the way a few years ago. Like everything else in that spot, it lasted less than a year. I thought it was good, though.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Let's see - back in WNY, Jim's Steakout is a must when I come back to visit.
    Denver/Boulder - Illegal Pete's is so damn good.

I've been to Cook Out a handful of times when I visit my brother in Lake Norman. It's so cheap and it's not bad. Shakes are good.

12. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

A couple of reliable South Florida chains are Flanigan's (sort of a combination Irish pub/seafood place that also has good sandwiches) and Duffy's Grill (good food, fun sports-bar atmosphere).

And if you ever are in Fort Lauderdale, a must-visit is Bokampers (owned by a former Miami Dolphin) on the Intracoastal. It has several locations throughout the area with above-average food and dozens of large-screen TVs, but the one in Lauderdale is the flagship. It's worth visiting for the spectacular waterfront location alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted