1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best regional restaurant chains

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Sep 25, 2017.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Went to a Bob Evans my last trip to Florida. There wasn't a person there, patrons or staff, not old enough to be Mrs. T and I's grandparents.

We were both in our late forties at the time.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not great pizza but good pizza, with good beer. Mellow Mushroom.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Both Mellow and Ledo, never the best pizza in town, but different enough that sometimes it really hits the spot.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. heyabbott

The original Ledo’s in Adelphi, not the current re-original one in College Park was really excellent pizza. It was a pastry like dough but still somewhat crisp. Then they expanded and sold franchises and the pizza is good, but its not the original. Not classic NY pizza nor Sicilian not even that bloated dough roll they eat in Chicago but the real Ledo’s was really good especially for the area.

Mellow Mushroom is a good college pizzeria and beer place.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mugshot's (Mississippi/Alabama; the original is in Hattiesburg) is a really good "fancy burger" joint. It's a sit down restaurant, but there's nothing but burgers and maybe a couple different varieties of chicken sandwich on the menu.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This guy I know is going to a Babe's Chicken Dinner House on Monday night. Tells me he's going to eat about 60,000 calories worth of fried chicken.

7. doctorquant

The original's just south of TCU, and was known primarily for serving up what was regarded as one the top 50 Texas tacos (garlic shredded pork). The style is "Baja", whatever that means. I'm not a fan of the burritos, etc., either. But those tacos are damn good, as are those chicken nachos mentioned by @Wenders.

Wenders and Donny in his element like this.
  8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Mellow Mushroom ... personally, I'll go well above "good" on that one. Went to my first one in Charlottesville last year, and it blew me away.

10. doctorquant

A Mellow Mushroom pesto base, with tomatoes and spinach, is dayum good eatin'...

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talkin' about.

12. heyabbott

Grotto Pizza. Delaware shore moving westward.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted