1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is coming, hooray, hooray!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 21, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The Best Buy I went to reported people in line early yesterday afternoon.

Think about that. People spent THANKSGIVING DAY in line.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Well, you know, we have to make sure the terrorists know they didn't win.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH! It's the return of the King!

Can we have an SportsJournalists.com award for creepiest sig? BBAM wins!

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

There's a word for those people: F-tards.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

We left the house at 10 a.m. bound for OfficeMax. They had a digital camera for $79.99. I have a nice Nikon, but Mrs. Heineken wanted a cheap one. The only one they had left was behind the counter. They took it to the register for me, and a guy inquired about the same model a few minutes later. I'm probably going to hell for this, but I took great satisfaction in learning that I had obtained the last one. Part of me wanted to do the Ickey Shuffle.

It was supposed to come with a free kit. It had your basic tripod, lens-cleaning kit and that sort of stuff. When I went to pay for the camera, the cashier explained that she was going to knock $30 off the price because they were out of the kits. Of course, I already have all the basics at home. So I got a friggin' digital camera for $49.99. Ritz Camera apparently sells it for $149.99, and OfficeMax has it listed for $129.98 online.

I also bought some perfume. It came with a free snazzy tote bag.

We only hit a few stores, and they really weren't that hectic. From there, we want to the tree farm and picked up a nice cedar tree. After we got it home, we decided to do some window shopping at the local mall. Now that place was insanely packed. We didn't buy a thing, but we got some good exercise. Oh, and my gullible wife agreed to a survey. She told me to grab the kids a drink in the food court, which was just across the way. Ten minutes later, I went looking for. She had vanished. I called her cell, and she explained that she had been taken to some office to complete the survey. I said that I hoped she was getting some great gift for the effort.

After some searching, I found the place. She was in the first cubicle, which was separated from the world by a tall, gray divider. There was a tray next to her with a cup marked "water" and another cup filled halfway with some kind of soda. I think she spent a total of 15 minutes answering questions, and it was clear from my brief visit that the answers wouldn't tell anybody anything. But she got her gift: $3, in crisp $1 bills. I spent more than that on the drinks I bought.

Draft saved Draft deleted