1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

There are a lot more campuses outside the Ivy League.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Skull and Bones

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This video never gets old

Dear Mizzou, the only reason anyone gives a shit about your school is because of its journalism program. Telling a student photographer not to take pictures at a public forum in the middle of campus is about the dumbest thing you could have done.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Which Mizzou president had a worse time with race relations, Wolfe or Elson Floyd?

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with anything that Elie Mystal has written. That's how screwed up things apparently are in Missouri.

I'm sure FIRE will have a field day with this.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My favorite line: Who do you think you are, Jar-Jar Binks? Waiving your hand in the air and saying something doesn’t make it so.

Much like twirling, you are always waiving, waiving, waiving ...

franticscribe likes this.
  8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Lost in the noise is another interesting development. The chancellor also resigned. So they took down both the system president and the campus head. That's pretty incredible.

Loftin announces resignation effective Jan. 1

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The photog sure as hell had a lot more patience and civility than I would have been able to muster there.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He wears a bow tie. You couldn't have found a more stereotypical Chancellor in Central Casting.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

From former Mizzou linebacker Luke Lambert.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is it wrong that I wanted to reach through the screen and take a nightstick to the skull of the mewling yenta in the sunglasses? And then have a group "introduction to tasing" class with the rest of them?
    These people set up tents in the middle of campus. They don't get to say, at that point, that they want to be left alone or that they don't want attention when it's pretty damn obvious that that's exactly what they want. It's the whole point of protesting, you dipshits.

The photographer, especially for being a student, deserves high praise for keeping his cool. Being alone in the middle of an angry, stupid mob is not an enviable place to be.

TyWebb, expendable, murphyc and 5 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted