1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hard to swing and miss when it's served up like that.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Of course they want to distance themselves from her now, and her primary appointment is in the School of Communications.

But she also apparently has some relationship with the J-school.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Her faculty line is housed in one school, but she contributes to/teaches in (occasionally) another. Not unusual at all.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever read or heard the verb fellowshipping before this.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

So, this is basically high school drama 101. All these years, she's been trying to hang out with the cool J-school faculty. But they never really accepted her and snickered behind her back that she wasn't going to get tenure and lo, one November day, she couldn't handle it anymore and lashed out at some hapless student photographer. Now, the Missourian kids are like, no way, she was never part of our crowd.

I just hope she finds a date for prom.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wonder how the Concerned Students would feel if they wanted to get their message out to the media but another group of protesters refused to let anyone in to talk to them.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't understand. Why are the protestors angry that journalists are covering this story?

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because they're a bunch of fucking idiots.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They want editorial control

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They were fellowshipping.

murphyc and Dyno like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They were interrupting a beautiful moment. They were fellowshipping.

It was a wonderful, almost religious, experience, and the press whores ruined it. It would be like reporters and cameramen stumbling around a Church during a funeral. Have some respect media.

A public lawn is the equivalent of a Church, and fellowshipping is the equivalent of a religious ceremony, for secular progressives.

Draft saved Draft deleted