1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll bet Melissa Click would Click them.

Might be her new line of work.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

That'll make the subsequent lawsuit for punishment of speech that much easier to win.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Drop the mic.

That's captures exactly the dynamics in play in Columbia -- and that town is probably even more enlightened when compared with Springfield, Rolla, Cape Girardeau and Kirksville - the other large state schools outside of UMKC or UMSL.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Given the racial tension this week surrounding Mizzou, let's just say that I really like MU +5 over a team of the composition of, say, BYU.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The media was invading the space that they created on public property.

6. Baron Scicluna

Can we throw frisbees around in church?

7. Baron Scicluna

Sure, and then the players could get recruited by the other SEC teams to play against them. And if Mizzou tried some sort of "you can't transfer to another SEC school" thing, then, well, the ex-Weber State's player's lawsuit against the NCAA just got some additional plaintiffs.

8. Baron Scicluna

Stop working Fredrick's corners.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I have a very hard time believing "the state's flagship university is full of rural, redneck racists." If that were true, there'd be a helluva lot more than this comparative handful of incidents (like the drunk guy spouting epithets ... as I understand it his disciplinary process is underway).

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm a little late coming to this story.

What exactly was it that they wanted the president to do that he didn't do?

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Once she gets canned, I can't wait to hear tales from students talking about the kinds of things Ms. I-need-some-muscle taught in her classes. Wouldn't even be surprised if some students take the opportunity to make up some stuff to make her sound really bad.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Turn black

Draft saved Draft deleted