1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So the police report and the officer's account aren't sufficient? Whether it happened doesn't seem to me to be up for debate. Now who did it and the message might be, but do you not believe the officer who responded to the shit swastika?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/11/here-is-the-police-report-from-the-mizzou-poop-swastika-incident/

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please point me to a single news article that cited the police report prior to today.

Did a single reporter see it prior to today?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Social media is part of the New Journalism, sad as that may be. What do you think you're doing every time you create a news thread, or post your version of the news within a thread? You are aware that many people now get the bulk of their "news" off social media, right?

Got to practice what you preach. You are practicing journalism, but at the amateur level. And it shows.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't know, and you don't either. The police report is not the only place to get info about what was in it. I honestly don't understand where you want to go with this. Are you saying the police didn't respond? Are you saying that because the report wasn't immediately made public that it didn't happen? Are you saying the officer did not witness it? Oh, right. There are no cell-phone photos, so it must not have happened.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Also, this. It's the new reality, and it isn't always pretty. I'm pretty curious what sort of probing questions you would suggest for Mr. Head.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

High-level journalism discussion going on right now.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I mean, there's a police report. I guess it happened. But let's review this criminal mastermind's plan, shall we?
    1) Say to yourself, "You know what would really show those n-- who's boss? Poop swastika? Poop swastika. Oh yeah."
    2) Go eat at Taco Bell or the Mexican place of your choosing. Gotta be careful with this. Timing and consistency are everything. Too runny, and the poop swastika will run. Poop too early or too late and you'll just be a creepy burglar or wind up sharting a poop swastika into your drawers. Can't turn this into amateur hour.
    3) Assuming it's not someone who lived there, sneak into the dorm and make your way to the bathroom.
    4) Shit on the floor.
    5) Scoop up the turds.
    6) Spend at least several minutes smearing both the walls and yourself in your own feces, while lovingly turning said feces into a piece of folk art.
    7) Admire your work. Gotta admire your work with something like this.
    8) Cackle as you leave the building about how "you showed those n--- not to mess with you."
    9) Explain to Lurleen at the Waffle House why it smells like you've crapped yourself. Before you've ordered, this time.
    10) Express amazement and disappointment that Lurleen isn't down with the cause.
    11) Smoke some meth to unwind.
    12) Shower. Maybe. Depends what's on Springer.

I'm sure there are plenty of racial issues at Mizzou, but can we at least agree that the perpetrator in this case has their own issues that go well beyond racism?

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Poopetrator

SnarkShark, franticscribe and HC like this.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

#RacialHealing

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm not sure how this became the breaking point. But I still like saying shit swastika.

Batman likes this.
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

There should be a photo with the police report. Cops take pictures of everything. And the poop itself should be tested for DNA. I have a feeling that at least one of the "protesters" is hoping a sample wasn't kept.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Totally surprised. Totally.

Draft saved Draft deleted