1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He was there with Mangino, he's seen the blue print. Gotta get more than your share of the local kids who are Big 12 caliber and find the right 2 and 3 - star recruits in Texas. He's already made strides in those areas and he's a much, much harder worker than the last two guys.

If you do it right KU should be a program that can win 5-8 games a year and goes to a bowl most of the time. Every once in a while things break your way and you get double-digit wins, but you also shouldn't panic after a 4-win season either.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm kinda waiting for Clay Travis or somebody to point out how much better Mizzou's offense got once it finally started getting the white running back some touches. :D

heyabbott likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Probably my proudest gambling moment of 2015 was taking Mizzou and the points... only because BYU was on the other side after all this tension.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

BDC99 likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Still no word on what we think of US airstrikes that took out two ISIS leaders in Lybia. Huh. But those French, man. They got balls. Belgium, here we come!

9. old_tony

Certainly wouldn't be too hard for Shaun King and other "leaders" to come out and disavow it. I'm sure they'll get around to it. :rolleyes:

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Right. Cause they're trolling random "news" sites like the rest of us.

11. old_tony

I'm pretty sure that's one of the leading duties of a "leader" in the movement.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You shouldn't. Mangino is why the program fell apart. He built it and he was sure as shit gonna tear it down once Reesing left the building.

Draft saved Draft deleted