1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the "I make $7,249 an hour" emails didn't pop up.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

My God, I had no idea those e-mails would be available under a FOI. When I think about all the sickeningly obsequious missives I sent when I was a hack....

"Hey, I just wanted to get your side of the story about you wanting to ban Mom, Apple Pie and Baseball. Because, you know, I really am on YOUR side...."

3. Baron Scicluna

""I’ve been defending the protesters on Facebook for days, and you just blew a huge hole in the argument I was making in support of their legitimate grievances," wrote a reporter for Bloomberg News. "I don’t get it. I just don't get it."

Good to see the reporter is being objective.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, simple assault charge. Class C misdemeanor, maximum of 15 days and $300.

MU professor Melissa Click faces assault charge

According to the complaint, Click "assaulted M.S. by grabbing at his camera with her hand and attempting to knock it from his grasp... This caused M.S. to fear he was in danger of immediate physical injury."

I sure hope the guy didn't actually say he feared he was in danger. That would be weak.

6. Baron Scicluna

Well, if she was calling for some "muscle" after slugging him, he could have feared immediate injury from the "muscle."

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Fear of danger is likely a necessary element to prove assault when there's no actual physical contact. I say likely because I don't know the quirks of Missouri criminal law and don't feel like looking it up.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The prosecutor is attention-whoring.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's too bad she fucked up the way she did. It's obvious to anyone who knows academia that, even without this incident, she wasn't going to get tenure; she'd have had to own up to the fact that she didn't measure up to those she aspired to become. Now, however, she's going to be given a psychological out: "I would have gotten tenure had I not chosen to be so heroic."

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the ex-president threw half the campus under the bus as he angles for more settlement money.

UPDATE: Wolfe criticizes UM System curators, Loftin in confidential email to university supporters

Draft saved Draft deleted