1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Monday - Is this the worst day for print journalism?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Mar 23, 2009.

1. I, for one, get so anxious about the problems inside Gannett that I get myopic.

Here I can see everyone's having trouble. It's a mixture of sadness and comfort, sure, but it's nice to have at least a little comfort. To see people sticking it out because they love this stuff and that's how it's gonna be -- makes me feel better.

Earlier post: Yea, probably went too far there.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm sticking it out with you Kid Bro. Because I didn't spend four years in college to do something that doesn't involve writing or editing.

3. Damn right, mustang!

4. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Fixed.

5. Yea, I think the thread will end OK. I wasn't trying to dooshify anything.

I like reading about stuff here, learning about how people are coping. I don't want that to stop.

OK. I'll slide back into the abyss.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Can't we all just get along?

7. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

the fact that there are pissing matches going on in this thread is lame

honestly, who cares how any one person feels about the title of this thread, its presence in this forum or its purpose? its like arguing over whether or not its acceptable to call a thread "Plane crash worst tragedy ever in Montana" because someone thinks thats hyperbole because there have been other tragedies and there will likely be more. who gives a fuck? the point is that people died and semantics should mean nothing.

this thread is here to discuss very real blunt force trauma to this industry that likely affects all of us. if you have enough space in the worrying portion of your brain to worry about the title of this thread, you need to re-read why this thread is here.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Again, here's your thread. Have at it.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, how many times does it need to be said? All this bitching about "pissing matches" and people not "letting" other people get whatever it is off their chests....yet NO ONE is getting whatever it is off their chests. I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

In other words, pissing about pissing is, in itself, pissing.

So don't piss about pissing, ot face the risk of being unearthed as a pisser.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bingo.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Eh, piss off.

;)

Draft saved Draft deleted