1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BOOKS THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No, I wouldn't buy it. But you're spot on, much of the Aykroyd/Belushi dynamic centred on Aykroyd's work as a writer which Belushi quickly lost interest in after his career took off during the SNL days and the last part of the book focuses on all those Aykroyd projects he was working on with Belushi in mind.

Liut likes this.
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If Don Winslow is really retired from writing, City in Ruins, the final book in his Danny Ryan trilogy is a hell of a way to go out. Just a great capper to a terrific series.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's frustrating that Winslow is retiring from writing so he can now focus on complaining about Trump on Twitter 24/7.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Read My Antonia for the fourth or fifth time. I maintain it is The Great American Novel.

Now onto The Sun Also rises which I read over 30 years ago. It’s great, but the characters are exhausting. Outside of the fishing trip, I couldn’t last one night with that crowd.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

If you've read the Jane Harper Aussie-set books The Dry and its sequels, a movie based on the second book just came out. I went to it on Saturday and it included a Q&A with the writer-director as well as Eric Bana and Deborra-Lee Furness. It's called Force of Nature: The Dry 2. Awful title, good movie. The original movie, The Dry, came out in 2020 and I think kind of got lost in Covid but that was a good one too. They're pretty faithful to the books and there's a third one with the main character but Bana and the director were unsure if they'll adapt that one. Both the books and flicks are solid pieces of entertainment.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He’s an extremely rare case of actual TDS. His Twitter feed became unfollowable.

Draft saved Draft deleted