1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not suggesting that either party is immune to dumbassery.

But one party has selected and rallied around a petulant 6-year-old as its candidate for the highest office in he land. Those people are dumbshits who have no interest in knowledge or our American values.

There is no nuance to be analyzed there.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is the UK a net beneficiary or not? If it isn't, the government can make up any losses from EU welfare since it won't be sending money to the EU.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed the part about the tens of thousands of Polish immigrants to the UK not being white. Damn, I need to pay closer attention...

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what is scaring them.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't think it's quite that simple, as much as people would like it to be.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Brexit vote was as much an anti-London vote as anything else.

London, as the capital and the economic hub of the U.K., is like New York, and DC in one.

So, sure, Wales, and other impoverished regions get money/welfare, but London has all the economic development, growth, and jobs.

People want economic development, growth, and jobs more than they want welfare.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

But when discussing EU payments to certain areas of GB, it should be known whether GB as a whole pays out more than it receives.

8. YankeeFan

The English have a long history of racism against other whites.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you think that is why most people voted to leave I don't know what to tell you.

10. YankeeFan

Remember before the EU formed, back when the UK still used its own currency, what a basket case it was?

I hope things don't return to those bad old days.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That seems realistic, I'm sure things will go right back to the way they were in the good old days.

12. YankeeFan

I think you don't understand what motivates people.

Libs think anyone who is impoverished, who votes against those looking to increase dependency, is voting against their own interests.

But, some folks don't want to be dependent.

Which is why people can't understand Trump's appeal.

He's not talking about the minimum wage, or entitlements, he's talking about jobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted