1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush Meets Deficit Commitment- Early

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jun 13, 2006.

1. The so-called Marsh Arabs inhabited an area much larger than Rhode Island until Saddam started systematically draining the marches causing environmental distruction on an almost unprecedented scale. Under Saddam the Marsh Arabs were brutally attacked to the point where a population of about 250,000 was reduced to about 40,000. Of course I would not expect you to care about that. You would think though that Al Gore would talk about the large scale drainage projects and destruction of the environment that many scholars equate with the biblical Garden of Eden.

2. "The fact is that U.S. Marines will find more deadly weapons in the first hours of war than the U.N. did in three months. And by day two the world will have forgotten Dominique de Villepin and be listening instead to Tommy Franks, who will practice a different sort of diplomacy. Get out of town in 48 hours sounds tough — but not when it results in liberation, rather than subjugation, and reconstruction instead of destruction."

VDH, 3/18/03.

The rule of three should do it.
    I'm out.

3. The US military has closed the rape rooms employed by Saddam Hussein and his regime but people like Fenian would rather if they had remined untouched by US intervention.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny.

5. Songbird

We can tie Fiona Apple to Saddam Hussein.

God bless, SportsJournalists.com.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's fairly well-known. She gave several interviews about it when her first album came out. The one in Rolling Stone was excellent.

There were some jokes about her and Tori Amos being the poster girls for rape. . . some people are assholes that way.

7. How so? Give me an example of where you think the left stepped over the line.

If you can't - I will.

(BTW - I can provide a number of examples where YOU have posted about the right stepping over your personal line of what is acceptable levels of debate if you like Mr. Only-People I Agree With Should be Accorded Free Speech

8. Songbird

Well, I certainly want to read that interview.

9. Songbird thinks rape rooms are funny. That's your support group FB. That's the legacy you've spawned.

Hope you are proud.

10. Songbird

Rape rooms aren't funny. Where did I say that?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Lou's having a reading comprehension problem tonight.

He's confusing what people say, what they mean and who they said it to.

He'll be fine in the morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted