1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Idol Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Jun 5, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Canadian Idol is just a summer series?

It doesn't draw enough viewers to show it during the season?

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Joe, CTV shows American Idol so right after it's done, CI starts. It rakes in a ton of viewers so that is not the issue. They just put it on after AI so people are still on the "Idol" high. I know this from close sources at CTV.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Can you reveal your sources? :)

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Makes sense.

How did AI play in the Great White North this season? Were the ratings down as much as they were in the U.S.?

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So CI is Canada's Arena Football.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

No, it's much worse than that. You though Clay Aiken was bad? I give you Kalan Porter ...

[​IMG]

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Without Elliotte, there will be no IJAG viewership.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When is the Alannah Myles tribute show?

9. Cansportschick

Who saw CI last night? I was very impressed with the Halifax auditions this year and not so much with the Toronto ones.
    Naomi-Joy Blackhall and Dwight Deon from NS were great. I hope they make the final cut. The guy in the plaid shirt Tyler Mullendore was unique and what this competition needs. (so what if he sang seventies/eighties music)
    Melissa Roy has got a great country voice and she is adorable.
    I am concerned about the judges putting through the "grover" look alike and his silent side kick partner (Winnipeg's Dan and Travis)
    And that marriage proposal from Nathan to Selena was touching.
    Zack called Brian Melo's performance unauthentic...my question, what the heck were you listening to Zack? ???
    Jaydee from Calgary is adorable and he really does have star power.

The new roving reporter Dave Kerr, looks like Canada AM's Seamus O'Regan from afar. Scary considering Ben and Seamus are best friends :eek:

Flash, I disagree with you about Kalan Porter. His new single is great and I have a feeling that he is here to stay. Even Ryan Malcolm's new group's first single is amazing.

Bubbler, we keep hoping for the Alannah Myles tribute, but I think she has been classified under eighties week. I do hope Chantal Kreviazuik comes back for acoustic week because those by far were the best performances of season four.

What did everyone else think of the show?

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bryan Adams tribute week?

11. Cansportschick

Chef, they have been trying to get him for the last couple of seasons, but to no avail. I will find out if they lucked out in getting him and get back to you.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How about Rush? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted