1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis is An ASS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 7, 2006.

1. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

If you ever want to find the biggest bunch of losers on earth, hang around the NDNation.com - where The Rock is posted. Most disgusting pack of vile, arrogant, condescending, elitest assholes on the internet (outside of Michigan grads, of course). "The Rock" is alleged "journalist" Scott Michael Edwards who also writes sappy self help books.
    http://www.thelittlehandbooks.com/

As far as no one asking questions because of Carroll's shut out, that would never happen thanks to fan boy hacks like Mike Frank who attend ND functions and take every opportunity to service the football program.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Umm, no. That would be including Michigan grads. Bar none.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: the Louisville picture.

Lou Holtz was down in my neck of the woods last year and there was some speculation that he was interesting in coming back out of retirement to coach small-time football again. He spoke at the school I cover, and there was a presser afterward. We got done with the questions, and a radio hack from town interrupts and gives Lou a William & Mary football helmet to autograph.

We just stood there stunned.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

The Tribune has called out Notre Dame when necessary in the past about all kinds of things, sports and non-sports related. I'm a Trib alum (and an ND alum) and I've gotta think they'll back up Jeff Carroll on this one.
    FWIW, I think a lot of Notre Dame people are uncomfortable with Clausen's act. He's way too flashy for this crowd. And Weis' honeymoon will end soon enough. Around the time of his next loss, I'd think.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Timeout.

Someone with more knowledge please define "recruit" when it comes to this absurd policy about contacting recruits.

If they're talking about someone who has not signed a letter-of-intent, how on earth can any NCAA school issue any edict whatsoever about contacting recruits, given that they're not allowed to discuss recruits at all?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the basic outcome be "You can't contact that recruit." "So you're recruiting this guy." "We can't say that, but don't talk to him." "Um...bite me."

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They can't. They can't even officially confirm that they're recruiting him.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

deskslave, don't you know. They're Notre Dame. They can do anything they want.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The school is not allowed to make a recruit available to the media on an "official" visit. That doesn't mean you can't get the kid's cell number and buzz him once he's off campus, but if the school facilitates an interview in any way, they're opening themselves up to a lot of NCAA trouble.

9. Bantam weight

Bantam weight New Member

http://domerlaw.blogspot.com/

The south Bend Tribune....NOT TIMES! Is "Irish sports report"

All they do is recycle articles from the daily paper.....and put it in the "report" to the unsespecting fools. They have around 10,000 subscribers to the Mag.  Whereas BLUEANDGOLD Illustrated has over 40,000 in every state and 15 foreign countries. The  south bend tribune is a rag. They have gone down hill as soon as David Haugh left for the Chicago Tribune. Although they do have one really good writer that just happens to actually be the ND beat writer. Eric Hansen... He does a great job on the Hoosier's material also.

Go Hoosiers!!......we'll see if Sampson can handle the job?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I knew it would only be a matter of time ...

11. Bantam weight

Bantam weight New Member

You are right my friend. There are Haters for every team in any state!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

We need a better screening process.

Draft saved Draft deleted