1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chevy Volt a Failure - GM to Layoff 1,300

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 2, 2012.

1. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

Because I don't have time to read 1,000 word posts of crap, I've snipped what I've read from the rest since you're conceding the fact that the statements you made earlier were either complete fabrications for scoring points or you didn't know they weren't true and thus were speaking for a position of no knowledge. Either way, I don't care. You are admitting that you are wrong.
    This is what you wrote before:
    A loan is not a hand-out. It is a loan.

I have a loan on my house. The mortgage company didn't give me a hand-out. You are arguing that they did and were exposed and proven wrong. Thanks.

Like when Ragu just exposed himself now...?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You actually should read what he wrote. Then maybe you could respond intelligently to his posts.

You've missed his points, and don't seem to care.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Your home loan was collateralized. Other than that, yeah, it's the same exact thing. :rolleyes:

I'll take a half billion dollars of seed money, please. We can call it a "loan," not a handout -- even though there are no strings attached and it's not a "loan" that is available to everyone -- just those who jerk off a politician. Call it a kangaroo for all I care. I'll take that deal.

If all goes well, my "loan" will buy me enough time to ride a credit bubble to enough financing in the debt and secondary equity markets to pay back the "loan," while I lobby for other subsidies to keep myself in business.

If not, I can just say, fuck it, a la Fisker, and default on my "loan" -- with no consequences.

Yeah. That is JUST LIKE the mortgage you took on your home.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    YankeeFan likes this.
  4. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

I read his post where he claimed that Tesla receives free money. That was proven false. I read his post about how oil doesn't receive subsidies. That was proven false.

When the foundation of an argument is built on fiction, the rest is also taken with a grain of salt.

Why do you insist on arguing this based on falsehoods?

Why can't you just say that you don't like this particular economic engineering and that the only reason you don't like it is because it is perceived as a liberal cause? You keep trying to claim some sort of difference when in reality there is none. It's all tax subsidies.

Since you didn't like the nails I hammered in the coffin of your argument and all you're holding onto now is this loan... The loan was paid back YEARS ago. (I can capitalize words too!)

Given that fact, the only subsidies that Tesla is getting is the same tax subsidies that oil companies get when they move locations, drill, open an office.

I guess my only question is... now that every shred of your argument is proven to be crap, will you try and shift the goalposts again or will you just make up a new claim about how Tesla is getting handed money?

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you're going to find out that this is all Janet Yellen's fault and that this would never have happened if FDR hadn't taken us off the gold standard back in '33.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Simplistic! Ignorant! Fit! Links! Proven false! Crap! Didn't read! Fabrications! Claims! Zero Facts! Exposed! Theories! Full of shit! Hammered nails in your coffin! Proven wrong!

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd like a kangaroo. A baby kangaroo. A baby kangaroo to box a big cat.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This may be the first post I've read of Ragu's from beginning to end.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When I drove to the hospital yesterday morning, there was a line of people who looked to have camped out overnight for the chance to be among the first to hand over their money:

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Did Tesla "make" $115 million ... or did it "take in" $115 million?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I read that the money is refundable. Still seems pretty impressive when that many people put down payments on a car they won't see for another year or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted