1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choose a side: Al Qaida declares war on France

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Sep 14, 2006.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

That's too funny!!!

If only the "War On Terror" were that simple.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey I thought that guy Lebeau did a great job aiding the American war effort - and then became a pretty good NFL Ref

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Here's another news flash, anti-Americanos: Molson is piss.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Molson tastes just like Budweiser ... which tastes just like Peroni, the blandest beer that ever cost me $8.39 for a six-pack.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've got to come to Canada's defense here:
    Molson Golden and Molson Export are decent, solid beers. Nothing fancy or earth-shattering, but decent beers.
    Comparing Molson to Bud or Peroni (I just gagged typing that) is unfair.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Agreed on the Molson-Bud comparison. Molson is piss; Bud is skunk piss.

I've never had Peroni, I don't think.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest and BigDog's special Stuffed Steak tonight, a rare Friday at home.

(Before anyone asks, Stuffed Steak is scored filet with about two spoonfuls of gorgonzola, herbs and chopped black and green olives. Hit it with the hottest flame possible; I leave the grill on high, cover down, for about 20 minutes before putting the meat on the grates. Cook about 3-4 mins per side, depending on how you prefer your doneness.)

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Save yourself the trouble. The lesson I learned was that Italians are good at winemaking but have no skill at brewing beer.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Peroni's Ok. But you're right. They should stick to winemaking.

Living in a neighbourhoold with a lot of Polish immigrants, there's a lot of Polish beer available. Zywiec is good stuff.

I find it funny that a guy who thinks Molson's is piss drinks Sam Adams, a mass market beer pretending to be a microbrewery product.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I don't give a fuck what their marketing scheme is or, frankly, a fuck of what you think of it.

Sam's damn good beer. Molson ain't.

And before you come back with your simplistic, typical, anti-American, pro-Canada bullshit, I'll state for the record that Labatt is not -- repeat, not -- piss. So there.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Molson is terrible....I'd rather drink Moosehead than a Molson Canadian. Keith's is great....I love the stuff and wish I could find it down here.

Another beer I liked was Kodiak (sp.), I'm pretty sure it's from B.C.....the type of beer thats good if you're planning on drinking 10-20 beers in a night.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow. Big Dog on the defensive.

In a blind taste test you couldn't tell a Molson's Canadian from a Blue. They're both mass produced, common denominator swill beer. Like fucking Sam Adams. At least Molson's & Labatt's aren't pretentious.

And if your big brain can only come up with " simplistic, typical, anti-American, pro-Canada bullshit", you're dumber than I thought you were.

The biggest asshole on the board throws a cliched filet recipe up here so everyone thinks he's sophisticated. I'm sure that works with the 20 something crowd. Doesn't play here.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Keith's is good. I think you maybe thinking of Kokanee from BC.

Draft saved Draft deleted