1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choose a side: Al Qaida declares war on France

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And there's a penalty marker on the play! Here's Ed Hochuli:

"Personal foul ... Illegal misuse of the Geneva Convention, on No. 43, offense. 15-percentage-point penalty. Repeat, second down."

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yawn -

My BM's are more important on a world scale than the PM's of Canada.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanks for chiming in, Boom. Now fuck off.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J.
    I'm older than you so I remember vividly the War Measures Act which in retrospect I agree with now but was against at the time . And as far as WW2 was concerned, a lot of Quebecois did not sign up because it was perceived as English Canada's war. Not agreeing, just saying Trudeau wasn't the only one.

Trudeau had some remarkable achievements: liberalized our justice system; stopped the FLQ in its tracks; repatriated our Constitution; drove a nail through the heart of Quebec separatism with his participation in the Quebec referendum.

Love him or hate him, he did more for us than any PM since Pearson.

5. Boom_70

The dog catcher in my town has had more impact on the world than any Canadian Prime Minister.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hey! Fuck you buddy! We're having a beerjack here, not a Canadian-politicsjack! If you want one of those, you have to go find the NIAFL baseball thread. :D

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

How is your mom, anyway? Are you allowed to visit her any time, or just during the pound's usual business hours?

8. This thread is just funny.

JR tried sticking up for the French but what he really wanted was for someone to acknowledge that Canada was involved in WWI and WWII before the dreaded Americans. The needfulness of the Canadian contingent on SportsJournalists.com is amazing.

Famous Canadian PM's? Please.

The only Canadians to ever make a difference were Gretzky and Orr.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This may come as a surprise to you, Chris, but we don't give a flying fuck what you think of us. None. Whatsoever.

10. You cared enough to respond. So I guess your interest level has to be a bit above "none".

Damn sensitive Canadians - can't trust a word they say.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They sure seem to have a lot to say about how we do things down here though. Well, one of them does anyway. Funny he can't take any criticism though.

12. Boom_70

Maggie Trudeau did more for Canada than any PM - ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted