1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christine Brennan's column

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by runningman, Jan 11, 2007.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Lane, Lane, Lane.

You take a bad position, then throw out a great point, then follow it up by denigrating the hit-and-run with an insult or profanity.

This stealing of hubcaps will not be tolerated.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Awww. It's always cute when the board's biggest egomaniac tries to make friends with the new kid.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Mert takes a bad position without throwing out a great point.

I'd recommend against emulating him/it.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

This type of 'true believer' column bores me, and it does come off as lazy, especially the fact that she didn't get in touch with Summitt.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Swing and a miss, Attention Whore.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You have Attention Whore capitalized. So is that a proper name now? Otherwise, it should be a lower-case attention whore as a job description or courtesy title... remember, proper style is very important when you are terming fudgepack as an attention whore or Attention Whore.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I was using it as a name, but now you've got me confused too. I mean, I guess I was using it the way you'd use "Mr. President." So it's capitalized, right? Hmmmm.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Another self-serving Brennan column.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Don't go slamming the many newbies who can figure out basic logic. Work with me. There are people with thousands of posts whose are spew out illogical points just like you.

Insecurity? Nobody mentioned that but you.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Asking in all seriousness, how is this self-serving? Because it goes with her "agenda" of advancing women's sports?

Many, if not most, columnists have an agenda or two.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Mert and Sappy -- the sultans of spew.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm going to bite my tongue here, for the most part. For all I know, she posts here when she's not working on her fourth book about the world of figure skating.

Everyone has a pet interest. Some choose not to bore, badger or alienate people with theirs more than a few times.

Draft saved Draft deleted