1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Class warfare summed up in a simple joke (with an accompanying cartoon)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey Buck if you paid your players a fair wage maybe you could find your way out of the bottom of the NIAFL.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

The employee made that particular batch of cookies, but from now on they'll all be made in China.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Hey, it's almost baseball season, where I was in the middle last year.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm middle class. Aren't evil Wall Street gains good for my pension and my IRA?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The employees made that particular batch under contract with the owner, agreeing to make them in exchange for a specific compensation. They are free to start their own kitchen if they aren't happy with that compensation.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I guess they're also free to be cut loose if and when the CEO feels he's no longer happy with only 11 of the 12 cookies, contracts be damned.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Actually, that's not true at all. I've been boycotting Walmart for almost 20 years because I don't believe my taxes should go to pay for their employees' health care because they refuse to pay for it. I began boycotting Target this year after it was revealed the CEOs made huge contributions to finance this year's Republican success in the elections. This week, I began boycotting all products made by the Koch brothers empire, including Brawny paper towels and Vanity Fair napkins. I encourage people to join in these boycotts as these are ways to get back at these corporations and make your voices heard.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't think Wall Street gains are inherently evil. But there are ways to run a profitable company without giving your CEO a bonus while laying off workers.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Goldman-Sachs can make a $65 billion profit, and it won't mean your pension or IRA increased a nickel.

10. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. RickStain

I guess that depends on the contract. If they want security or severance, they can negotiate for it.

12. RickStain

When my wife worked at Wal-Mart for awhile in 2009, she got better health benefits than I did at the newspaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.