1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Class warfare summed up in a simple joke (with an accompanying cartoon)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Holy shit, just announced that if Wisc. governor does not open Capitol tomorrow at 8 a.m. he will be held in contempt of court. Protestors erupt.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hopefully they'll send in the hyperbole police.

And it's protesters.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Similar incident happened not long ago. Was it Texas?
    Democrats left state to prevent a quorum. State police were sent to round them up.

I think I'm recalling that correctly.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

http://townhall.com/columnists/paulgreenberg/2011/03/02/oh,_to_be_a_teacher_in_milwaukee!

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

General thrust is roughly on target, but the devil's in the details. Gov. Goodhair tried to use the Texas Rangers* to round up at least some of the Texas 11 (the quorum-busting Democrats), but they went to Albuquerque and were therefore out of reach. There was some shitstorm about attempting to reach across state lines, but nothing came of that (either the reach-across or the controversy). Ultimately the standoff ended when one of the senators said the hell with it and came back.

*Rumor has it the Texas Rangers were also ordered to round up some top-flight free-agent pitching for the AL team in Arlington, but they were as successful in that endeavor as they were in the great Texas Senate Rodeo!

6. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

WOOO!!!! TOWNHALL!!!!!

I love Townhall. It's the place for conservatives who aren't good enough to write for The Atlantic.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

When did Starman take over your handle? Do you love lamp, too?

8. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

No, but I killed a guy with a trident.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I saw that.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

All companies should aspire to lose money. Just think how great America would be then.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

And go to The Amazon business model- No bricks and mortar locations, limited head count of employees, mitigate need to charge sales tax.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.