1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Class warfare summed up in a simple joke (with an accompanying cartoon)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Something strange is going on because that is not my quote on cookies.

I believe AZ asked that question and now post no longer exists.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ooops ... I was trimming down the quote and must have messed the trimming up. AZ did raise the question, not Boom_70. Per my 12th-grade English teacher, I have now committed plagiarism because I mis-attributed a quotation! Horrors!

3. Boom_70

No worries. I just wanted to clear my name in case jr was lurking.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to mention, how many dimes did John Rockerfeller give out to make up for the 19 people, including women and children, killed at the Ludlow Massacre?

And Rockerfeller even admitted to a Congressional committee that he would not have taken any action against the hired goons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Of course. People died building great things in the past. From the Pyramids to the city of Saint-Petersburg to the Panama Canal.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You have to be a colossal dickbag to rile up Ragu like that. And, by the way, what kind of person habitually googles others' posts looking for "plagiarism"? I guess it's the kind who has to parrot the catch phrases of other posters to get noticed.

I anxiously await the accusation that I'm plagiarizing the alphabet.

7. Boom_70

jr jr the testicle czar
    he knows if yours aren’t up to par.

After he finds a thread to wreck
    He stares at your balls, gives them a check

He likes to see how many threads he can botch
    By staring hard at Ragu’s crotch.

We all remember waiting in line for gas
    And you want to give Jimmy Carter a pass.

We really don’t know what the queen would say,
    But what the hell, God save her anyway.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's awesome, Boom.

9. Kermit McManus

Kermit McManus New Member

Listen to Him, he reads Wickipedia.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You won't find it because it's on the deleted political boards.

Explain to my how the sentence in the paragraph of the post I quoted is 99.9% word for word the same as the blog I posted? Bullshit it's 'basic economics" and a coincidence. You protesteth too much.

And the column you were accused of plagiarizing did NOT have your name on the bylines and since you were at the TO outing, you know I know your name. Oh, maybe you use a pseudonym in your supposed columns. Or maybe you don't have columns at all.

I wasn't foaming at the mouth---your pseudo-intellectual sophomoric ramblings around here --like you were lecturing a bunch of undergrads at the student centre, amuse me to no end.

And when you're caught out in an argument, you have no intellectual weapons to defend yourself, so you come up with those Ragu Gogsmackingly Stupid Pronouncements that I'm so fond of

Let me think if I can think of a few of the classics: "The market, not legislation, ended child poverty", "NAFTA creates tariffs" and of course, my all time favourite "The Canadian health care system is unsustainable"

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So was that the simple joke or the accompanying cartoon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.