1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Class warfare summed up in a simple joke (with an accompanying cartoon)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A nice simple class warfare discussion turns into a border war.

2. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

[​IMG]

Doesn't this random scattering of misspellings seem desperately random -- like the elaborations of a bad liar? Ta, Hannibal Lecter.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They've both changed their names, but one still can't tolerate any criticism of the other.

Nice to know that some things never change.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

JR, News. You were foaming at the mouth again. And I know exactly what thread it was. I backed away because I was afraid for my contract. I shouldn't have. And you're still a jackass. Someone actually accused me of plagiarising myself that time (I can't remember who started it), and you were your usual gleeful jackass taunting me like the king of the mountain when I walked away from the thread. And I may be a pseudo intellectual whatever the fuck you said, but I don't focus on a word you say. You're the unhinged guy who jumps in all over the board, tries to spill over every thread onto unrelated threads and never has an on point message for me. And I get it. 2,000 words. Dumb as a bag of hammers.

You are such a loser. You THINK you know me. You don't.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Don't question the sock puppet, his master will get angry.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know, the internet is a wonderful thing.

When I plug your real name into the google, news and otherwise, I get, well nothing. Well, you went to Northwestern and Cornell

No articles from any magazine or website. No WSJ or anything. Nothing. I'd probably get more hits if I plugged my name in.

And then when I dig a little further, I find that you have a company with a website. There is nothing other than the message NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON.

Nothing.

Care to explain?

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Seriously, what kind of person goes around googling other people's names and what they write on a message board? That's fucked up.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is a a journalist's message board so some basic standards apply.

There's no rule that you can't challenge the basic authenticity of someone's posts

Go and play in someone else's backyard

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm a journalist. You're not.

Go away.

10. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

You're a funny guy.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm sure you cover the middle school girls volleyball teams very well

cjericho likes this.
  12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

JR, just because you suck off a few successful writers on a message board, often stealing their phrases in the sad, pathetic ingratiating process, doesn't make you an expert on journalism. Google stalking what other people write doesn't either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.