1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I was covering a game at LSU in 2010 or 2011 right when his blog was taking off. It may have been the first time he was in a press box for something that mattered. He felt it was necessary to introduce himself (LOUDLY) to everyone seated nearby, with emphasis on, "I'm Clay Travis."

I had merely heard of him before that day, and I haven't liked (or read much of his work) since. He's a self-aggrandizing, showboating POS who doesn't believe his own hot takes. He just does it for the clicks.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He probably does now, now that the clicks have translated into money. I for one look forward to him being a part of the DeSantis White House.

Woody Long likes this.
  3. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Travis is just another man-child who can't move past the idea that career success and "achievement" is only measured by how much money you make and how famous you can get.

There are many like that in the biz.

They can say otherwise, but people like that seem so unhappy. Never grow up or outrace their own ego. Most healthy adults understand that arguing all the time and trying to loudly insist you're right on every single topic is the height of immaturity and foolishness. But not people like Travis.

I hope he enjoys all his money and fame. But nothing he does possesses a shred of value to society.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No. 11 on the Talkers Heavy Hundred - not exactly Limbaughian..

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But enough about Keith Olbermann . . . :)

Liut likes this.
  6. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Ha!

Yes, he definitely qualifies.

7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

For someone so cocky, someone who truly believes they are a dying breed of free speech martyrs who are the only ones standing in the way of totalitarian rule or something, Clay sure is a sensitive guy on Twitter. Blocks A LOT of people

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

It's a feature, not a bug, for everyone on that side of the aisle.

9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Travis can't help himself. Where is the "wokeness" in baseball? Schilling's quote is fine, just don't understand where Travis is coming from. Analytics? Are they woke?

11. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

I know this is 2 1/2 years old, but might this be at least a partial answer?

MLB is making Black Lives Matter center stage on Opening Day | CNN

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Draft saved Draft deleted