1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

“I’m excited to be teaming with a group of motivated, focused people, who are intent on making OutKick a leader and most excited to talk baseball, and only baseball,” said Schilling in a statement.

What a dumb fuck. If he'd done that for 10 years after retiring, he'd be in the Hall of Fame and nothing he could say or do would get him ejected. Idiot.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Curt: I just want to talk baseball!

Also Curt: Here's me comparing Ukraine to fascist Italy, even though guys like me worship Mussolini.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As a history major myself, I know I run all of my own years of study via ex-baseball pitchers just in case all of my years of study were bullshit ... which it all was, I'm sad to report.

Curt's spot-on grasp of what fascism actually is puts my dumb ass to shame. I'm just going to burn my diploma and my library of history books.

What a waste of time that all was because Curt Schilling was the fucking modern day Herodotus I never knew I needed.

Outkick has become quite the Legion Of Doom. Dan Dakich, Tomi Lehren, et al, it's almost impressive. Who is their Bizarro Bomani Jones?

Noticed on their website they employ Gary Sheffield Jr. too, whom I have nothing against, per se, except association by DNA with his arch-evil father, so it fits like a glove.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It was Whitlock but even they couldn't stand him.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Clay Travis makes me run away like a third grader wanting to avoid icky Barbie Cooties. (Jane West and Debbie Lawler were my dolls of choice. #CISHetButNeverPink)

Someone tried to get me to read something he wrote about Southern fandom and as intrigued as I was, it was one of those rare times when I just couldn't get past who wrote it.

10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Same, Oscar. Just gives me the dry heaves.

I'm sure I'm in the minority with this one, but I'm the same way with the voice of Bill Simmons. I love the podcasts where people rewatch and discuss movies, but I can't stomach the sound of his smug voice.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  11. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

A decade ago, when he was basically nothing more than a CFB blogger who also had a law degree from Vandy who had become regionally popular, I was covering a pretty significant SEC game. He loudly introduced himself to everyone sitting nearby. "I'M CLAY TRAVIS FROM OUTKICKTHECOVERAGE!"

That minute or two hours before a game told me all I needed to know about him.

Dog8Cats, SixToe, Sports Barf and 5 others like this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

The opposite of Rick Cleveland/cross thread

SixToe and Woody Long like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted