1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, that's going to mess with the next season of Deadliest Catch.

Inky_Wretch and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

upload_2022-10-14_12-49-1.jpeg

This is a farm pond. Where I am standing taking the picture, I should be in waist deep water. On the far end is the dam, and it's about 5 feet. In February or March (can't remember), water was flowing over the dam at the spillway in the top right to the point I spent two days picking up hundreds of fish and putting them back in the water. No cattle or other livestock have access to this pond. This is just from a lack of rain this summer.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Effin' morons.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The real morons are the ones at the National Gallery who, faced with a history of defacings of paintings in Europe over DECADES, failed to shield the work with at least a thin see-thru sheet of Saran Wrap or something.

But I'm sure Lloyd's of London is on the case with a policy, so all is good.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Prosecutor Ola Oyedepo said the pair didn’t harm the oil painting, which was covered by a glass protective case, but damage was caused to the frame.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don’t know if this is a thing outside the Deep South, but the last 3-4 years or so a bunch of sketchy looking look-alike crab restaurants have been taking over failed sit-down chain restaurant locations in past their prime suburban locations. A bunch of derivative names like Juicy Crab, Crab King, Cajun Crabs, etc., so that you can’t tell who came up with it first and who is a second-level parasite. All of them look like they are marketing to people who would find Red Lobster too fancy.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I love those big Myrtle Beach-area buffet restaurants whose advertisements fill up the local travel mags and are dominated by images of crab legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted