1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...ion-aims-tap-private-funds-energy-transition/

SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt — With international climate aid yet to win support in Congress, the Biden administration has orchestrated a new proposal from major philanthropies and companies that would funnel private money to developing countries for clean energy development.

Seeking to tap private funds for a transition that wealthy governments have refused to finance, the group hopes to lure more than $100 billion by the end of the decade, cutting as much as 1.3 billion to 2.3 billion tons of climate pollution, according to the consulting firm Climate Advisers.

The coalition, which includes White House climate envoy John F. Kerry, unveiled its carbon-trading plan at the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, known as COP27, and it quickly faced criticism. At this contentious summit, developing countries have lambasted wealthy nations for not helping to rescue them from the worst impacts of a warming planet.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's "facing criticism" because it's yet another carbon offset market scam.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why Ms. Thunberg declined to attend.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Herman Daly, 84, Who Challenged the Economic Gospel of Growth, Dies

Herman Daly, who for more than 50 years argued that the economic gospel of growth as synonymous with prosperity and progress was fundamentally, and dangerously, flawed because it ignored its associated costs, especially the depletion of natural resources and the pollution it engenders, died on Oct. 28 in Richmond, Va. He was 84.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I am truly going to hell, because I looked at the obituary to see if he was cremated.

2muchcoffeeman, swingline and Batman like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Goin' great!

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I ran a marathon yesterday in 75-degree heat and 80-percent humidity. In November. With no shade to found on the entire course. Sheer torture.

And now, 15 hours after I finished, it’s like 40 degrees outside.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted