1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Code of the West

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jgmacg, Jun 27, 2006.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

Bold point one: No, they aren't. Trust me on this one. I've not only taken crap because what a columnist wrote or a headline writer wrote, but because of what was written in other publications. Even if you're there every day, they often don't get it.

Bold point two: I think you're right that the columnist doesn't necessarily have to show up the day of the incendiary column, but columnists need to be regular visitors to practices or clubhouses or whatever the team's daily venue is.

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Look, you're going to get the questions about what a columnist wrote or the headline on your story. But it's not going to be held against you except for rare cases.

3. Bayless was just ripping off Mr. T:

"I remember one time I tried to pity this fool. He told me his name was Jeff. He was married. He pulled out his wallet and showed me three pictures of his kids; Kelly, Robert, Brittany. Real cute kids. Don't get too close man. It's hard to pity a fool if you get too close."

Draft saved Draft deleted