1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cold-send resumes to big papers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thanks for comin' out, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom, I think I'm starting by sending a resume for your job. Let your superiors know.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The Hungry Horse News has no vacancies. We're a choice staff. Perhaps you should look into the Roswell opening.

3. That, of course, assumes your job is actually better than mine.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

How's the Pop Warner tab coming out Thanks?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

kid, the guys on my staff would shank you in your sleep.

7. Sorry, you have the wrong guy. I'm knocking out the community-league over-65 softball tab. The 50-year-old guy-ahead-of-me-who-I-don't-want-to-offend-because-we-have-some-type-of-formal-union-as-sportswriters is completing the Pop Warner tab. I'll send him your regards.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hell, I'd drive over and help.

9. So no background checks at your shop .. narrowing the list down.

10. SportsJournalists.com juggernauts unite!

11. Let's see, I ask a question, two guys with 22,000 posts decide to split hairs on wording, it becomes a barely-related back-and-forth. Another ho-hum SportsJournalists.com transaction.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

How many shops have background checks? Seems like the list is still pretty big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.