1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Thats how Kiffin got the gig.

No way Tennessee gives him - an inexperienced guys - the reigns to a SEC program without this all-star staff, that "will make an NFL GM jealous"

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't have a dog in the Clemson hunt, but I'm curious...

Bud Foster, Brett Venables and a couple of other decent-name guys interview. Are we really supposed to believe both of those guys said "Yeah, I'll take it" only to have the gig go to Dabo Swinney?

If that's the case, are Foster and Venables slightly overrated? I mean, Va. Tech has lost some serious luster, and at times, Venables' OU defenses seem to be simply along for the ride (OU is allowing about 25 ppg this year).

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Kelly is a damn good coach. I didn't think there was any way the UO offense could be as good as they were last season with the loss of Dixon and Stewart. They have been very impressive this season.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

And while playing 18 different QBs, no less.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

True. They ran all over the Beavs, who are generally a pretty solid defensive team.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

According to this story, Tuberville will be back. Petrino is gutted again.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

At a Mizzou football banquet on Sunday, someone announced to the crowd that Dave Christensen will be announced as Wyoming's next coach, backing up earlier reports.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/915534.html

Also, Eberflus was not at the banquet because he was interviewing for the Toledo gig.

8. There were concerns over whether Lane Kiffin would adjust to the SEC. Well, according to Steve Spurrier, Kiffin may have hit the ground running by already committing a recruiting violation.

http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/607586.html

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Question 1 on the test: Is it okay to contact recruits before you have passed a certification test? Yes No. (circle one)

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gotta love Spurrier...

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That Luke Brietzke. I hear he has a future in this business.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

What the heck is a Dabo Swinney?

Draft saved Draft deleted