1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That made me laugh really hard.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

Leach and Hill are not going to Washington.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You obviously know nothing about the Atlantic Coast Conference.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Mid-American Conference could have as many as eight new coaches next year:

Toledo, Miami and Eastern Michigan have already whacked their incumbents; Hoke at Ball State, Gill at Buffalo, Jones at Central Michigan and Cubit at Western Michigan could all be candidates to move up the food chain. And Golden at Temple is being talked about in the Syracuse mix (although with a record of something like 9-27, hard to understand why).

Although presumably some of these guys may be candidates for the same jobs (Gill and Golden for starters). It's all a big musical-chairs situation dependent on what other jobs are open -- I'd guess for instance if Brian Kelly bolts from Cincinnati, the MAC guys would be prime candidates.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think Kelly is going anywhere. Washington already getting turned down by Leach and Hill is not a good sign, of course, it might mean they are getting ready to name Sarkesian (which wouldn't be a bad hire, I think), but it isn't going to light the world on fire of alums.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Heard a well-respected Big 12 writer on the radio today say that Leach wasn't a top candidate for the Washington job, but he invited himself up to Seattle for an interview anyway ...

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Al Groh wasn't as responsible for forcing anyone to get a band. Administration had to give things time considering what the last reincarnation of UVa's band did to get, er, disbanded.

Administration wasn't being a bunch of sticks in the mud. What UVa's band did to embarrass the school justified the actions of the administration.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Hence why his agent had a lot to say about his TT contract yesterday/day before. Total money grab on Leach's part.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Louisville getting boat-raced by Rutgers, 42-0 just before halftime, which won't help Kragthorpe's job security.

(EDIT: Make it 49-0 just before halftime). :eek: :eek:

If for whatever reason UL opens up, I imagine the hot prospects from the MAC I listed above would be among the contenders.

10. part-timer

part-timer Active Member

Golden declined the interview request at Syracuse. I think he's got a chance to get Temple into the upper tier of the MAC in a couple of years, then make a move.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

FYI, The ACC coach I was talking about was Groh. They are keeping him, but I was told there has been a lot of jostling going on since the Virginia Tech game. I'm not sure what is going to happen with Mike Groh as OC now, and I think both AL Groh and the AD Littlepage may be on short leashes next year.

12. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

According to ESPN, UW is going with Sarkisian.

Draft saved Draft deleted