1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seriously, if I'm an Auburn fan and I see my school fires Tommy Tuberville just to hire Gene Fuckin' Chizik, I'm rioting. Substantial fail.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Fixed.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Gene Chizik? I thought it was a misprint - or a joke.

Is Auburn remotely serious?

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

As an Iowa fan, I'm very upset with this hire.
    ISU has a guy who goes 5-19 in his first two years and Auburn hires him away? Damn.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Goes to show you how fucking insane and delusional the fanbase and the administration on the Plains are.  They would go that far in asking for Chizik back?  

If he was looking to bump his pay up in Ames, that shit isn't going down with Pollard (the "Devil" in the eyes of Armchair and Big Red).  Pollard would rather fire coaches and hire someone so he could control.  

Look, Chizik is 5-19 in Ames.  That's not suprrsing.  But, outside of Danny Mac, Earle Bruce, and Clay Stapleton, how many other coaches are going to turn that moribund program at an animal school around?  

To answer your question, Steak, I believe it was Johnny Majors, when he was the HC at ISU who said that Iowa State will always be a stepping stone to a better job.  Majors took his own advice and ran to Tennessee.  Bruce ran to Columbus.  Donnie Duncan, and crazy ass Jim Walden turned the program into more than a joke.  It was the punchline on Iowa television stations.

Auburn should have never shitcanned Tuberville, and Pollard should have never blown McCarney out.  Mac is now laughing fucking ass off.  He's in line to win a national title with Florida.  

OH SHIT!  KCCI-TV Des Moines is reporting that Chizik is heading to Auburn.  You have got to be fucking kidding me!!!!!

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Apparently, it's a done deal:

http://auburnundercover.com/

Don't bother clicking within unless you're a subscriber ...

7. Cowboycane

Cowboycane Member

ahem...
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This made my day.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This would be like Virginia firing Al Groh to hire Joe Glenn. Wow.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

All of Eastern Iowa, who are Hawkeyes fans, are laughing their asses off.

Armchair, do you think it's time to get rid of your boy Pollard: :)

JB, you may have more info that we will, but is there a way you can remember how Chizik's contract was set-up, should he ever decided to leave or get fired?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gene Fuckin Chizik? Really? I mean, come on.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Why couldn't Auburn take Bielema and make my day?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So you can Tubs and bring in another defensive minded coach? A coach who hasn't shown a hint of success?
    I don't know if you can say for certain any college has upgraded its coaching position in the off-season.

Draft saved Draft deleted