1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nick Saban just got a woody and has no idea why or how

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Smilin' Nick.

[​IMG]

3. WS

WS Member

From reading comments, I can't find one Auburn fan happy about this hire.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Hi, Auburn!

[​IMG]

I'm hard pressed to think of a worse possible hire.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

To repeat my statement from last night _ there is much laughter in the state of Iowa about Chizik to Auburn.

If there's a buyout clause in his contract, I doubt ISU will enforce it.

A few weeks ago, after some radio station in Texas quoted sources saying Chizik thought he left the Longhorns too early, Chizik said that he would always be a Cyclone. Guess that changed in a hurry.

His wins this year were against South Dakota State (and only because the SDSU quarterback threw a bunch of interceptions) and Kent State.

He's all yours, Auburn.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Party time at the Ped Mall!!!!!!!!!!! All Cyclones fans are welcome to join us for drinks and libations. We know all of you will need a drink to wash the last two years away.

I was at a private dinner last night and one of the guests who hosted was the Drake's women hoops radio analyst. When I mentioned what was going on, she tilted her head and said "Good lord, that program is hopeless. The only one who has any success up there is Bill Fennelly."

Oh, JB, nice write-up two weeks ago on the Wartburg-Monmouth game. I was at the game, and I started wondering "I wonder if JB is covering the game in the pressbox?" Sure enough, I'm reading the Sunday papers on-line and "TA-DA!" there it was!

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Can we stop the myth that black coaches aren't being hired/moving up the ladder because, um, homina homina not racism homina homina? Gene Fucking Chizik? Are you fucking kidding me?

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's easy to say that KCM, but for right now, I see Auburn administration as a delusional bunch of morons. All they wanted was someone who had Auburn ties and Chizik was it.

Pat Dye and Shug Jordan are rightfully pissed. Auburn has lowered themselves to a level that 'Bama thinks it's shameful.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Thanks. It was a fun game to cover.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I doubt if they are THAT pissed. I'm sure they're rolling over in happiness that Gill didn't get the job.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Offer of proof, please.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I would just like to go on record and state that I am not now, nor have I ever been, a fucking Iowa State fan. I want them to lose all their games, even the intersquads. The Big 12 standings don't look right to me unless Moo U. is looking up from sixth place in the North.

As a life-long Iowa fan I am very sorry to see Chizik go and I hope to hell Pollard doesn't pull a blind squirrel-acorn thing and wind up with Turner Gill or somebody else who can right the ship.

Like, oh, I don't know, Dan McCarney.

Draft saved Draft deleted