1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

But they got a guy that Lowder likes, and that's all that matters.

2. times38

times38 Member

I know all this as well as anyone, but that's about as good as Auburn can hope for for the foreseeabe future

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Want to amuse yourself? Do a Google search for "bad football coaches" and check out entry No. 4 ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bad+football+coaches&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

For now.

5. times38

times38 Member

Tuberville was also Lowder's man, and he had completely turned on him by 2001.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The DM Register's lone sports columnist threw around some interesting names for the ISU job. Three of them (Brian Kelly, Will Muschamp and Dan McCarney) has absolutely no chance in hell of happening - and the list was somewhat tongue-in-cheek - but a few of them are plausible and wouldn't be bad hires:

Bill Cubit
    Brady Hoke
    David Bailiff
    Todd Graham

Now whether or not Pollard can convince any of them to move to Story County A&M remains to be seen.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Don't know much about Cubit or Bailiff, but if Graham goes to a Big 12 school, it won't be Iowa State.

I think Hoke would be a good hire, and a good move for him. With his QB about to graduate, he'll never be a hotter name than right now.

8. chester

chester Member

I thought I saw on the scroll on ESPN that Hoke was negotiating with San Diego State. It seems like he could do better than that, but maybe not.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hoke and DeWayne Walker are the two finalists for SD State. Whichever one it is, I think it's a safe bet that it will be the biggest upgrade of coaching hires so far.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

De plane, boss! De plane!

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Dennis Franchione is a finalist for that job, too, according to the Union-Tribune

12. NBAonNBC

NBAonNBC Member

Word was that Franchione dropped out.

Draft saved Draft deleted