1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Thank you for pointing that out.

2. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I've covered Strong and Gill.

Strong is not very well-spoken and would not do well at booster functions. This is the only reason he's not a head coach at a major school.

Gill is a booster's wet dream. He's personable, friendly, he'll recruit well and he's a hell of a coach. Great guy too.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It may take him a year or two, but Gill will wind up with a better job than Auburn.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Have you seen the facilities at most HBCUs? Come on, let's be serious now stoob. There was a great ESPN.com story on Alcorn State last year. Those schools are last resorts for good black athletes, not first choices. Any smart kid will choose Mississippi State over Alcorn State, regardless of the color of the coaching staff.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In a year or two, the job he has may be a better job than Auburn. :)

6. Mizzougrad96

The suggestion that Turner Gill doesn't interview well is absurd.

7. Mizzougrad96

Hopefully the idiots at that place will appreciate Tuberville a little more when the program goes into the shitter, which is where it's definitely headed.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't know if they are wearing boots there or not. Of course the facilities aren't great at many HBCUs. However, if a large number of black athletes decided to attend HBCUs. major colleges would almost be forced to change their hiring practices in an effort to attract those athletes.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If? Who's attending them now?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

white athletes.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't even have the words.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know. Maybe you will stop trolling.
    Then again, maybe not, but it is a pleasant thought.

Draft saved Draft deleted