1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

ROTFLMAO ? What is that short for?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off. Used specifically to irk poindexter. :)

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

It's not an acronym. It's Finnish for "I can't believe boots was naive enough to sneak back here under a new name after being banned and think we wouldn't notice."

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Do you have any friends or do you just spend your time in front of a computer? Just asking. There's no need to respond to the obvious.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

You post more times per day here than I do, boots.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

You keep referring to me as boots as if you are trying to out someone. That, according to the rules on the threads , is not allowed.
    Why are you so hung up on boots and whatever I post? You do it every day.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No need to post the obvious either.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Turner Gill will be better off waiting for the right opening at a Big 12 school. And by right opening, I mean, no Iowa State.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The only thing is, he might be able to tap into some of that Nebraska recruiting base.

If he can't, though, it's a dead-end job. Iowa State is flanked by winning (for the most part) programs in every direction. It's too hard to compete against that unless you have connections.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He's not wrong. A lot of HBCUs have taken to recruiting Anglo and Hispanic kids for football positions like kicker and quarterback, along with using Caucasian and Latino kids to fill out the bulk of the roster spots on their golf, baseball, tennis and softball teams, especially at the D-I level. Not enough skilled black athletes to fill out the rosters in those sports, so the coaches do what they have to do to field a competitive team.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Save somebody leaving for another job, The only school that could open in the next year is Colorado. Everybody else is either brand new or pretty safe.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I appreciate your knowing something about what is going on at HBCU's. This practice has been vogue for a few years now but not many have written about it.
    Armchair, no one is safe. It's a what have you done for me lately profession.

Draft saved Draft deleted