1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College FB coaching openings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Not if Notre Dame has anything to say about it.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Will Notre Dame have a vacancy this season?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Les Miles said no to Michigan, why would he say yes to Washington? And if the Vols pick Kiffin, they deserve whatever they get. I just don't see it. But then again - K State taking Snyder back?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would take Kelly over Kiffin and if I'm Kelly, I would take Tennessee over Notre Dame.

Kiffin will be a good college coach and a great recruiter, but I think he's better suited on the West Coast.

5. Just curious: Why would Kelly take Tennessee over Notre Dame?

The media circus makes Notre Dame harder. The alumns at bother have incredible expectations. Notre Dame has better talent right now. Notre Dame is a bigger brand name.

What are your thoughts?

(However, I do not believe Notre Dame will target Kelly. The administration will make an end run at a very successful coach with this pitch: "The talent is here at WR and QB. We will pay you well. And, if you succeed, you immediately become a legend. You will be the coach that brought back the dormant giant. Do you think you can do that?")

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ask Urban Meyer how things work out when ND and someone from the SEC upper crust both go after the same coach.

7. So you think ND 2004:Florida 2004 :: ND 2008:Tennessee 2008?

8. chester

chester Member

Yes.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Eastern Michigan job is officially open and Lloyd Carr has been hired as an unpaid consultant for the search.

Who wants to bet Doug English or Fred Jackson end up at EMU next year? ::)

http://www.mlive.com/eagles/index.ssf/2008/11/emu_football_coach_jeff_genyk.html

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

or Chuck Martin.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's what Floyd Keith and Richard Lapchick needs to focus on, if they want to improve the #'s of black assistant coaches interviewing, being finalists, and being hired. As well as learning how to interact with boosters, without being hoodwinked into one of their shady deals.

Besides that, Strong would be considered, but if he feels comfortable in Gainesville, so be it. There were some crazy talk by a friend that Dan McCarney should be considered for Clempsun or New Mexico. I said to him, and I quote, "dude, you need to stop drinking. That isn't going to happen, and Jamie Pollard isn't bringing McCarney back either."

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Eagle Nation? No wonder he couldn't win...

Draft saved Draft deleted