1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The committee chair came on afterward and very pointedly said that in their rankings, there is almost no difference between Washington and Michigan.

I think they might do it. And holy shot would the fucking roof come off college football if that happened.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I'd say "Eh?" for many posts here, but the whole selection process is worthy of a single "Eh?"

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If Ohio State and Michigan both got into the four-team playoff, and the B1G AND Pac-12 champion got left out ... that's about as corrupt as things could get.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

think about this
    va tech beats clemson
    cu beats washington
    final 4 teams?.....
    Alabama
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Big 10 Champ

chaos

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

There is a reason many think the NCAA may be one of the most corrupt organizations in American History.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wolverines in the final four?

Iowa 14, Michigan 13. Enough said.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That just might get the field expanded to eight teams. But that seems to be how college football has rolled since the Bowl Coalition was founded, fixing things a year too late.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

It'll be the Rose or the Alamo, probably. Rose depends on how the Big Ten clusterfucks the Final Four. Otherwise, the Alamo.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That could very well be but the NCAA has nothing whatsoever to do with selecting the football Final Four. It oversees the FCS, Division II and Division III playoffs, not this potential FBS pile of turd.

And if Washington is already ahead of Michigan, Penn State et all, a win over a highly-ranked Colorado team on a neutral field will only solidify its top 4 standing.

10. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

There aren't enough bowl teams to go around anyhow. Let Michigan play in Shreveport and Boise.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

People wonder why those of us not living in the Midwest hate the Big 10. Shit like this is why.

So of all of the teams in college football, four of the top seven are in one conference? Including one who has lost two of its last three. I have no issue with Ohio State being in. They've lost one game and it was a game where they dominated statistically but couldn't kick the ball to save its life. And, as much as it pains me to say this, I have no issue with Penn State or Wisconsin, depending on who wins Saturday. But Michigan's offense is a joke right now. Not to mention they are the fucking third place team in their division. Not their conference, their division.

So yeah, go ahead and put two at-larges in from the same conference. I can very easily find something else to watch New Years eve. I'll avoid it the way I avoid that Goddamned Fat 10 Network which is shoved onto my cable package as well as my bill.

studthug12 and I Should Coco like this.
  12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of three Big 10 teams versus the best of the SEC. Has a very gladitorial/ancient Rome feel to it.

At the end, when Bama is standing atop a pile of dead Big 10 bodies, Saban can say "Is there no one else?"

jpetrie18 and dixiehack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted