1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Even Ohio State could beat FSU.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Why because the practice squad got shelled when the varsity peaced out?

Slacker, Batman, JC and 2 others like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Looked like the Seminoles who did (allegedly) participate had given themselves the permission to quit early.
    I know Georgia is awesome, but is this really the best that the FSU second string could be expected to do?

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

My point was he was a bit too highly rated, not that there weren't good QBs, although I have no idea if most of those guys are any good.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the final was:

Georgia freshmen 21, Florida second strings 0

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Georgia could have said "Fuck it. We're not playing for a championship, so what's the point?" and peaced out.

Undeserved or not, it's just another feather in the "SEC will get the benefit of the doubt" cap. Because while they don't win ALL the time, they tend not to make their supporters look stupid for giving them that benefit of the doubt.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

When do the JVs play?

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does Florida State mean Cumberland in some long lost language?

Batman likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The second string either opted out or entered the transfer portal.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s completely undeserved but it does speak to how Kirby Smart got his players to buy in. FSU flat quit. They saw the bullshit and the good players jumped ship. How do you ask the ones who stayed to care other than trying to keep their scholarships? There were a bunch of players seeing time that were riding the bench for a reason and needed actual games under their belts to even be on the same field as Georgia. So the SEC gets another “see I told you so” and college football eats it up. In reality this says nothing except the SEC wants everyone to continue to bow down to the alter.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

None of those have lit the world on fire, although Weigman's reason is because of injuries. Half of them have already transferred

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Dunno. For most people not looking like you've never played the game in front of millions of eyes is a pretty decent motivator.

Not these guys, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted