1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Incidentally, the Peach Bowl marked the final live game in the long career of PennLive/Patriot-News columnist David Jones.

Caught me by surprise, but the timeline is about right. And I firmly believe what his PSU cohort, Bob Flounders, said in their postgame video -- Jones will leave as the most talented sports journalist in that newspaper's history.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You knew this was gonna be an execution when, two weeks after the snub, the FSU coach was honest enough to admit that his players were still despondent and not particularly enthused in practice.
    Victimhood, aided and abetted by politicians, didn't help.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Also not of help: the Board of Trustees refusing to wait until January to file suit against the ACC.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Arizona Bowl was a pretty good game. Wyoming scored twice in the fourth quarter, including a field goal at the gun, to beat Toledo 16-15. Even the announcers on The CW weren't as terrible as you'd expect.
    Yes, I was one of the 340 people outside of Ohio and Wyoming who watched that game.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s really frustrating that Barstool has had two of the best bowl game endings of the last two years.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wyoming scores 10 points in the final seven minutes to defeat Toledo 16-15. Great ending for Craig Bohl, he gets to leave on a win and many Cowboy fans are thrilled with the win and also happy he's leaving. Pokes definitely need to step up their offense.

Guy who led the winning drive was the backup QB wearing # 17, so he had some good juju working for him, that's a sacred # in Laramie.

PS: I was # 341!

2muchcoffeeman and Batman like this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I've read his columns only a dozen times or so, but they were damn good every time.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  8. Slacker

Do you set your Pervert Alarm Clock for 6 hours, 4 hours or 20 minutes?

Any way you measure it, you're one desperate creep,
    and yet somehow you still think shit-posts like this resonate.

Why, and how, are you so fucked-up that you think you have to,
    and must!, smear some kind of sexual reference into every post?

We're just talking college football games here.
    Could you just jack off on the side and then go away instead?

Thanks.

JC likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They're going to have to revamp the NIL format to make substantial "bonus" payments contingent upon the player being available for service in all the games on the team's regular season schedule along with officially sanctioned postseason games.

Wanna transfer at the end of any season, go right ahead. But stick it out until the end of the year.

HanSenSE and Chef2 like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But the NCAA would have to admit that they are paid to play, and not the fiction of the week that the backup long snapper is Livvy Dunne-ing his way through college on raw charisma by some cosmic coincidence.

11. Slacker

My thoughts, too. "We pay you, you play for us all the way."

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m sure their contracts have all that worked out already. We’re just not privy to that info.

Draft saved Draft deleted