1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No first-down line on ABC.

Maybe they figured there wouldn't be any.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Deacon Hill playing up to his usual standard.

Next time Iowa has third and goal from anywhere outside the 1-yard-line, please just take a knee and at least get a field goal attempt.

Don’t try to be something you’re not, Hawkeyes.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The OL snaps stand out because FSU's top four tackles were two in-house kids, one is decent (Robert Scott), one is more of s slightly undersized swing tackle that also played some center (Darius Washington) and then a transfer from UTEP (Jeremiah Byers) and a transfer from Lamar (Bless Harris). Harris transferred to TCU before the game, so he was out. Washington and Byers started the game. Washington lasted one whole snap before limping off the field. Scott lasted about a half of getting steamrolled before he checked out.

So yeah, before FSU gets their wish of a new conference, they might want to start recruiting some real offensive linemen. They had their starters at that position and got smothered.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I think the defense has caught more passes than either offense. Dropped ball, dropped ball, punt.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And shouldn't a guy named "I Am-a Leav-a" have been on FSU's roster?

dixiehack and BTExpress like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

About a mind blowing as UConn in the Fiesta Bowl and Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl.

I wonder what a top 10 list over the last 20 years would look like.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I have a good friend from college who sells athletic equipment to high schools, colleges, etc., throughout Virginia and northern North Carolina. He told me Liberty has some of the best facilities he has ever seen and that money is never, ever an object with them.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This freshman QB for Tennessee is a good athlete, but the Vols are also absolutely gashing the Hawkeye defensive front.

If the Vols coaches really want to stick it to Ferentz and Son, this one could end with a 63-0 score.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They kept this kid on the bench for Joe Milton huh?

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He looks like a prototype.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, Joe Alleva couldn't leave Durham fast enough to wreck stuff in Baton Rouge. Since he was running D-I athletic departments, is he close enough?

maumann likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Cheez-It Citrus Bowl sounds like an experimental Taco Bell menu item.

Draft saved Draft deleted