1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Starting to feel a little like the Ole Miss game where the Tide should have been knocked out by halftime but wasn’t.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Herbstreit takes his dog to the games?
    What on earth?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Awesome beast. I love following his travels.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They just mentioned that the team that makes the best half-time adjustments will win. Considering Michigan won’t have any film or laptops to illegally access from the first half (I think), my money is on Bama to run train on Dockers boy.

Like, I despise Alabama and all they represent but it’s amazing how one season of Harbaugh, cheating, Portnoy, and all Wolverines bullshit, I can root for Saban and company and whoever plays Michigan. Fuck these guys and their fanbase.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have no doubt the Rose will pull a good number for viewership - but with the decline of CFP ratings over the year - I'm surprised Disney doesn't put it on ABC or do a free stream. I have the Disney bundle, and it isn't even on that. With the cord-cutting, a big event that people might want to tune in - and promote your streaming options. These games wouldn't outdraw the top two NFL games on any particular week.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... and lost at home to Texas. Yet a major-conference champion went unbeaten, won its conference championship game and was left out of the CFP.

https://thespun.com/college-football/photo-kirk-herbstreits-dog-is-ready-for-the-rose-bowl

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The longer the halftime, the better the chances of the team coached by the best to do it.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It has no competition because there are no other games in any sport going on. It’s going up against local news on the east coast and reruns of Judge Judy on a day when most of the country is off from work.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd rather see Michigan lose in the title game than here. Bigger agony for their fans.

CD Boogie and Driftwood like this.
  10. dixiehack

Until that shot of Sark getting off the bus, I hadn’t thought about the fact Washington is playing its biggest game in more than a generation against an ex-coach.

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I Kew colleges still had bands!

12. dixiehack

I’m hoping Seth McLaughin studies well and has prospects for an internship.

Draft saved Draft deleted